You are here
BECOME A GATEWAY THEATRE VOLUNTEER!
STUDENTS: Want a fun place to develop job skills?
ADULTS: Want to get involved with your community?
Gateway Theatre provides the perfect way to get involved with your community while supporting the arts. Volunteers are an integral part of our organization. As a Gateway Volunteer, you'll help host patrons and guests at events; you'll be a greeter, ticket taker and usher, and provide our patrons with information about Gateway programs. Above all, as a Gateway Volunteer you'll set the mood for our venue!
Are you friendly and outgoing? Interested in theatre? Can you commit to 40 hours per year, from July through June? Join Gateway Theatre's vibrant volunteer family and meet people who share your passion for the performing arts! Applications are accepted throughout the year; however, volunteer intake takes place once per year in July, with training in August.
- Greet all patrons who enter the theatre with a kind word and a smile
- Share information and your enthusiasm for theatre, with patrons and guests
- Work effectively with other volunteers and Gateway staff
- Attend annual training to become familiar with the layout of the House, the seating system, and location of the fire exits and proper Fire & Emergency Procedures; must be prepared to perform those tasks as necessary in case of an evacuation
- Commitment to volunteer 40 hours in a theatre season (about 1.5 shifts a month)
- A passion for outstanding patron and community service
- Attendance at seasonal training once per year
- Fun annual Volunteer Appreciation social events
- Vouchers for free attendance at shows of your choice, after 40 hours of volunteering
- Reference letters, and Accrue CAPP or CAS hours
- Free refreshments every shift—while volunteering at Gateway, you are entitled to free coffee, tea or hot chocolate, and one bottled juice, pop or water drink
- Your very own official Gateway Theatre nametag
- The opportunity to volunteer with a great group of people from all walks of life!
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT VOLUNTEERING? Contact Lucy Pratt-Johnson, Audience Services Supervisor (call 604.247.4977 or email us) for more information.
READY TO VOLUNTEER? Please fill out the Gateway Volunteer Program Application Form.
Thanks to our Volunteer Program sponsors: