GATEWAY THEATRE “HELIJET GIVEAWAY” CONTEST Official Contest Rules (“Contest Rules”)
Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec)
MINI RULES *NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. Age of majority Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) only. One prize consists of a roundtrip flight between Vancouver & Victoria/Nanaimo on Helijet for 2 guests (approximate retail value $1,800.00 CAD) available to be won. Contest starts July 20, 2023 and ends August 4, 2023. Skill question required. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. See full contest rules including eligibility restrictions and how to enter without purchase at Gateway Theatre or at www.gatewaytheatre.com/helijet-contest.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: This contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Gateway Theatre. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:01AM (PST) on Thursday, July 20, 2023 and closes at 11:59PM (PST) on Friday, August 4, 2023 (PST) (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside as of the date of participation in the Contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, Gateway Theatre and each of their advertising and promotional agencies, subsidiaries and other affiliates (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or a person with whom any such person is domiciled (whether related to the employee or not) are not eligible to enter this contest. In these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse as well as any person with whom they reside.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Limit one entry per person during the entire Contest Period, regardless of method of entry.
There are two methods of entry: (1) Commencing on the date of the first day of the Contest Period for any customers who purchase an Arts Lover subscription package on gatewaytheatre.com (the “Website”) or the Sponsor’s box office at 604-270-1812 or in person at Gateway Theatre (providing all required information) during the Contest Period (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of its official records) (collectively, a “Qualifying Purchase”), you will automatically receive one (1) entry (each, an “Entry”) into the Draw (defined below) that corresponds to such Contest Period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any purchase that is subsequently refunded (except by way of a Prize award in this Contest) or cancelled will not qualify as a Qualifying Purchase. If you make a Qualifying Purchase, you agree to be automatically entered into the Promotion and allow the collection and use of your name, date of birth, full mailing address and email address (as provided at the time of completing your Qualifying Purchase) by the Sponsor for the purpose of administering this Contest. If you do not want to be automatically entered into the Contest pursuant to the terms of this section, email email@example.com prior to the end of the applicable Contest Period and your Qualifying Purchase will not be considered for the purpose administering the Promotion.
(2) No purchase required: To receive an entry without purchase, mail an envelope bearing sufficient postage and containing (1) a piece of paper, on which is hand-printed legibly your name, complete postal address and daytime telephone number (with area code) together with a handwritten essay of minimum of 400 words on why you love theatre to enter the contest and (2) a copy of proof of identification (your name and residence) to: 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC V7C 3V4 Attn: “HELIJET CONTEST”. To qualify, the mailed entry request must be post-marked on or before 11:59:59 p.m. PST on August 4, 2023 and received by the Sponsor no later than five (5) business days after the Contest Period. Requests which do not meet all of the aforementioned criteria will not be eligible to receive an entry. There is a limit of one mail-in request per person during the entire Contest Period.
4. PRIZES: There is one (1) prize available to be won in the Contest, consisting of a roundtrip flight between Vancouver & Victoria/Nanaimo on Helijet (APPROX RETAIL VALUE $1,800). Reservations are required and travel must be completed by September 31, 2024.
Once the Prize winner has been confirmed in accordance with these Contest Rules, the Prize will be awarded to the winner approximately 2 weeks following the date of being declared a winner.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Contest Rules, cash equivalent substitution will not be available nor can the Prize be substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part. Any additional costs incurred in collecting and using the Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. The Prize is not convertible to cash and cannot be transferred to another person, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that the Prize, or any component thereof, is unavailable for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to substitute the Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value, including without limitation a cash award.
5. THE DRAW: On or about August 10, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. PST, a random draw of one (1) entry for the Prize will be made at 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V4 from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received at all Contest Locations during the Contest Period. Within 24 hours after the draw, the Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact the selected entrant three (3) times via telephone, for a period of approximately five (5) business days, including daytime and evening hours. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond to such contact within the allotted time, that selected entrant will be disqualified and shall not be entitled to receive any prize, and another entrant may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries, and be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The Prize will be awarded only to the selected entrant whose entry is drawn and who becomes a confirmed winner in accordance with these Contest Rules.
6. TO WIN: To win, each selected entrant will be required to confirm his or her eligibility, and correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in a pre-arranged telephone interview or by email in order to be awarded the Prize. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the Contest Rules or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, that entrant will be disqualified and shall not be entitled to receive the Prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another entrant in the manner described above.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to provide such personal information as is reasonably necessary for the administration of the Contest including without limitation, for purposes of contacting the entrant in connection with the Contest. In addition, in order to win a selected entrant must sign (i) a consent for the Sponsor, LCL, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies and entities related to the management, coordination or fulfillment of the prize (collectively, “Released Parties”) to have the right and permission to use his or her name, city and province of residence, photograph, comments and/or likeness in any media or any format whatsoever, now or hereafter known, without compensation, permission or further notice, in any future publicity related to this Contest or for any other purpose; and (ii) a standard declaration, waiver and release confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, accepting the prize as awarded and releasing the Released Parties from liability, each to be signed and returned to the Sponsor within 10 business days of notification.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries and/or entrants. By participating in the Contest the entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules.
8. SPONSOR NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES OR DELAYS: All entries (which term includes mail-in requests) become the property of the Sponsor, who shall have no liability for: lost, stolen, late, damaged or misdirected entries; for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor for any reason including, without limitation, on account of postal strike or delay; or for any combination thereof. All entries and participants are subject to verification and all entries will be declared invalid if they are ineligible, incomplete, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
a. Any attempt by a participant or other individual, to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. A participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be subject to disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won.
b. The Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest at any time. If fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, printing or production errors, errors in programming or advertising, or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
c. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of British Columbia without regard to British Columbia conflicts of law principles. All participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of British Columbia.
d. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, the Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Contest Rules in any manner whatsoever.
e. Personal information collected from participants will be used by the Sponsor for the purpose of administering the Contest. The Sponsor will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of participants with third parties, other than to disclose information to third parties engaged by the Sponsor to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law.
f. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded.
g. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the terms of this Contest or to cancel or suspend this Contest at any time for any reason whatsoever, without prior (or any) notice.
To receive a copy of the Contest Rules, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the end of the Contest Period to: Gateway Theatre Helijet Contest Rules, 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V4. Attn: Gateway Theatre.