You are here
Getting here and parking
Where is Gateway located?
6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC V7C 3V4
Where do I park and how much does it cost?
- Parking lots adjacent to the theatre are owned and operated by the City of Richmond. It costs $1.25 for 30mins or $5 for 5 hours, and you can pay by credit card or coins. Parking in these lots is free after 9pm. For busy performances, the parking lots fill up quickly, so we recommend arriving early to get a spot. There is no on-street parking at Gateway.
- Please direct any parking concerns to the City of Richmond’s Bylaws Department at 604-276-4345 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Additional paid parking is available next door in the Richmond Hospital parkade.
- Complimentary parking passes are provided to subscribers.
How do I get to Gateway via transit?
We are a 10 minute walk from Richmond-Brighouse Station at the end of the Canada Line. The 401 bus stops near Gateway at the corner of Westminster Highway and Gilbert Road, and the 407 bus stops right in front of the theatre.
What are the benefits of being a subscriber?
Being a subscriber gets you the best price for the best seats, and is the most flexible way to attend Gateway shows. Save up to 18% on single ticket prices and:
- Get a complimentary parking pass valid in Gateway’s lots
- Get discounts on purchases of additional tickets – give gifts or bring a friend
- Get guaranteed seats to sold out shows
- Keep your favourite seats from year to year
- Choose seats before the general public
- Exchange tickets for a different performance
- Get free lost ticket replacements
How do I become a subscriber?
Subscriptions sales can be purchased online, in person, or over the phone from the Gateway Box Office. Just choose a subscription package and days in the run you’d like to attend, and we’ll take care of the rest. Click here to find out about our shows for the 2016/2017 season.
When do tickets go on sale?
Subscriptions are on sale right now and are available online, in person, or over the phone. Our Box Office is open Monday-Friday from Noon-6pm, and Saturdays from 2pm-6pm.
I bought tickets online, how do I receive my tickets?
Tickets purchased online can be mailed to you or held for pick up at the Box Office. Choose one of these options at the top of the payment screen before checking out. Tickets held at the Box Office can be picked up during regular Box Office hours, or one hour prior to curtain on the day of the performance.
Can I exchange my tickets for a different day or time?
When purchasing single tickets, it is very important you double-check your availability before making your purchase. However, if things come up last minute or you're in a pinch, don't worry-- we can exchange your tickets to a different performance if there's availability. Please note that there is a $3/ticket fee for each exchange. For maximum flexibility, consider purchasing a subscription so you can take advantage of unlimited free ticket exchanges!
Do you have gift certificates?
We are currently not selling at the moment as we are reviewing our gift certificate program.We will update the page once it is up and running again.
Can I leave tickets at Will Call for someone?
Yes, as long as you provide us with their full name. You are responsible for letting your guest know where to pick up their tickets.
Where are the best seats?
All seats in the Main Stage theatre have excellent sightlines, so the “best seats” really are a matter of personal preference. All seats in the Main Stage are reserved. Seating is always general admission in Studio B, so arrive early for best selection.
I can’t make it to a performance, can I give my tickets to a friend?
Yes. Your tickets are transferable, so you are welcome to give them away.
Do you provide refunds?
We are not able to provide refunds. It is important that you double-check your availability before making your purchase, and keep your performance time free from other obligations. If you are unable to attend, tickets are transferable and may be given away to someone who would enjoy the performance in your place. In certain circumstances, tickets you can’t use or give away may be donated back to Gateway Theatre in exchange for a tax receipt. In the rare times that we have to cancel a performance, tickets will be refunded. To get maximum flexibility, and to ensure you’re never in a position to miss your performance, consider purchasing a subscription so that you can take advantage of free ticket exchanges.
Are there taxes or fees on top of your ticket prices?
Ticket prices include taxes. Single ticket buyers do pay a $3/ticket surchage for exchanges.
What if I lose my tickets?
We are able to reprint lost tickets for reserved seating performances, but not for general admission performances.
How can I pay for my tickets?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express cards for transactions online and over the phone, in addition to cash and cheques in person at the Box Office. We DO NOT have an interac machine and cannot accept payment by debit card.
Do you have a group price?
We offer discounts off tickets when you come in a group of ten or more, and we have flexible payment plans for groups of 20 or more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-247-4976 to ask about booking your group.
Can I bring children to the theatre?
While some of our shows are great for of all ages, many shows are geared towards adults. If you’re not sure if a show is appropriate, call the Box Office at 604-270-1812 - we can help you decide.
What if I arrive after the performance has started?
At the discretion of the Production and Front of House Manager, patrons who arrive late for Main Stage shows will be seated at the back of the theatre at an appropriate break in the action so they do not interfere with the performance onstage or disturb other patrons. Latecomers may be able to move to their assigned seats during intermission. For all Studio Series plays, patrons will not be admitted after the show has started.
Do you have wheelchair seating?
Yes. In the Main Stage, patrons in wheelchairs are seated in the first row of the Orchestra-Left section. For safety reasons, patrons will need to remain in their wheelchair during the performance and may not transfer to one of our seats. In Studio B, wheelchair seating is nearest the door. To purchase tickets for wheelchair accessible seating, please call our Box Office at 604-270-1812
Do you have described performances for the vision impaired?
Yes. In pursuit of our goal to make theatre resonant for everyone in the community, Gateway partners with VocalEye each season to offer described performances for the vision impaired. We will announce the VocalEye performances for the 2017/18 season, towards the fall of 2017.
While you’re here
- Our fully licensed concession offers great-tasting organic fair trade coffee, BC VQA wines, snacks, and many other delicious options. Our bar only accepts cash payment.
- Coat check service is available by donation, with all proceeds go towards our volunteer program.
- Complimentary hearing assist devices are available at the Coat Check. A limited number are available; it’s best to reserve one through the Box Office.
- Complimentary booster seats are available for young children at Coat Check.