Home for the Holidays Comprehensive Guide
A Comprehensive Guide to Home for the Holidays
What is Home for the Holidays?
Home for the Holidays is an online holiday special featuring the return of beloved Gateway performers and songs from the best musicals to ever grace our MainStage. Our performance has been recorded in advance and from the safety of performers’ homes.
How long is Home for the Holidays?
Home for the Holidays is approximately one hour in length, including a brief intermission.
How can I buy tickets for friends and family in other households?
You will have the ability to purchase vouchers for other households in the process of purchasing your own ticket. Include the dollar amount you wish to gift and the email of your gift recipient when prompted, and we will send them an email with a voucher code. Please note that vouchers are not tickets; voucher recipients must purchase their ticket once they have received and are able to apply their voucher code. Vouchers expire on January 1 2021.
Will I only be able to watch this holiday special once?
No. At any ticket level, you have unlimited access to Home for the Holidays on demand from 9:00PM Friday, December 18 through January 1 2021. Watch as many times as you’d like!
How can I make the most out of my viewing experience?
To make a night of it, we strongly recommend you pair the show with delectable food from our dining partners, who are offering a variety of discounts during the run of Home for the Holidays. Explore the full list of participating venues here. We will also be showing you how to make a Home for the Holidays signature drink during intermission; ingredient list to come!
How can I prepare to attend Home for the Holidays?
You will need three things to attend this event.
- An internet connection
- A purchased ticket to access the event
- A device to view the event
What do I need to do to access Home for the Holidays?
You will need your email confirmation as it has your Access Code and link.
If you can’t find your email confirmation, please check your SPAM folder. You can also reach out to us at email@example.com so we can resend your email confirmation.
If you simply received an Access Code, please go to our ticketing site and select Already Have Tickets? at the top of the event page to enter your access code.
I have lost my Access Code.
Please go to our ticketing site where you purchased your ticket and select Already Have Tickets? at the top of the page.
Select Lost your code? And enter the email used to register and we will send you your access code.
If you don’t have access to the email that was used to register, you’ll need to reach out to the person who registered directly.
I’m getting an access code error.
Please confirm that the access code is correct by referencing your email confirmation.
If it is, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your reset Access Code.
I bought a gift voucher, but the recipient has not received their voucher email.
If your voucher recipient has not received their voucher email, please ask them to check their SPAM folder. You can also reach out to us at email@example.com so we can resend their voucher email.
What browsers are supported?
For the best viewing experience, we recommend that you enjoy Home for the Holidays using Google Chrome or Firefox. Please note, this event is not compatible with Internet Explorer. You should also make sure your operating system meets the following minimum requirements:
- PC – Windows 8.1
- Mac – OS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Android – 8.0 (Oreo)
- Apple – iOS 12 / iPad OS 12
My video is really tiny.
For optimal viewing experience, we recommend you select the full-screen viewing option while enjoying Home for the Holidays (click the symbol that looks like four arrows pointing outwards in the bottom right-hand corner of your video screen).
How do I turn on captions or change the language captioned?
Captions in English as well as Simplified and Traditional Chinese text will be available for Home for the Holidays. Watch this video for instructions on toggling captions within our video platform.
How do I join the watch party chat?
During our opening night watch party, a chat box will be available on the side of your screen. You can join the chat by entering your name and agreeing to Vimeo’s terms and conditions. For more details, please refer to the Vimeo Chat instructions linked here.
I'm having trouble with the video buffering.
Home for the Holidays will be streaming in the highest possible quality. If you experience buffering (pauses in your stream) or issues with viewing the video stream, you may have a better viewing experience by reducing the quality to SD manually.
I’m having issues seeing/hearing the video.
The quality of your playback experience is largely dependent on how your internet service provider connects to the streamer’s playback servers. Please keep in mind that your internet speed can vary depending on many factors, including but not limited to: time of day, WiFi performance, other devices/ users utilizing your connection, and the strength of the signal provided by your ISP.
First, check that your internet connection is active. If it’s not, please restart your router.
You can also test out your Internet Speed: https://www.speedtest.net/
I have more questions.
Please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Click on ‘Buy Tickets’ on our ticketing site.
2. Review our ticket levels and their benefits, and then make your selection.
3. If you have a discount code, enter this information now.
4. If you plan on gifting voucher(s) for Home for the Holidays to other households, enter the voucher amount and recipient email address. If you would like to create additional vouchers, click the ‘Add Voucher’ link located below your first voucher.
5. Read through our Terms and Conditions and check the box beside ‘I have read and agree to the terms above’.
6. Enter your payment details and click ‘Submit’. This should lead you to a confirmation page and will also send a confirmation email to you and your voucher recipients.
7. Log in to your email and open your confirmation email from Gateway Theatre. Scroll down to the section titled ‘Your Order Details’, and click through to ‘Access Online Event’. Please note your nine-digit Access Code as an alternative means to gain access to this webpage.
8. Follow this link to our landing page, which on the right-hand side of the screen includes a section titled ‘Media’. Under ‘Media’, you will find links to our watch party, house program and on-demand versions of the show. The watch party and house program will be made available to you on our opening night (8:00PM Friday, December 18) and the other options will become available at 9:00PM that same evening.
9. Once viewing options become available, select the version you wish to watch, and click ‘Launch’. This will open a new window that will display your video; for an optimal experience, we recommend you make your video full screen. For our on-demand options, press play to start; for our watch party, our video will play at our start time automatically.
10. Access captions for Home for the Holidays by toggling the ‘CC’ button located in the bottom right-hand corner of the video. Watch this video for instructions on toggling captions within our video platform.